Student Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFight

By Thomas Law, Luke Wear, and Patrick D. Williams

Overview of what project is:

Prepare yourself for the ultimate in martial arts training and entertainment.  The myFIGHT! is a revolutionary tool which combines the fun of a game and the effectiveness of a MMA trainer. Its simple interface allows users of all ages to select from 3 different modes, each delivering a different fighting experience.  Get motivated by challenging increasingly strong virtual opponents with targeted, fast blows.  Change how you exercise, train, and play with the myFIGHT!

The myRIO, National Instrument’s portable, embedded hardware device makes the myFIGHT! possible.   It is built upon a large, ground-mounted punching bag.  In each mode, LEDs guide users to strike one of 9 points.  Force-sensing resistors at each point allow the myRIO to calculate the location and reaction time of each hit.  This data is sent wirelessly back to the host, where it is logged and ranked.  Compete to become one of the top 5 fighters!

Picture of project:

myFight Picture (2).jpg

Video of project:

Parts List:

Item

PT#

QTY

FSR 408- Long Strip

SEN-09674

FSR 402- Circular

RB-Int-02

ST22-100GN Stranded Wire

OpAmp (LM358N)

LM358N

20K Ohm Resistors

Green LED

COM-09592

Red LED

COM-09590

Wiring Diagram: Connector A.png and Connector B.png attached

ConnectorA.pngConnectorB.png

Instructions: myFight Main Documentation Final.pdf attached

C or LV?: LabVIEW

Version of LV: 2013

Code: myFight Code.zip attached

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
Comments
TOLGAHAN_NI
on

I love the video, your team is so talented

m240597
on

when I try to load myfight rt host, labview need to load this file,  fpga main final.vi,  but i can't find this file in the folder of myfight code. Help me please.

Regards.

Contributors