Student Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Pollution Monitoring and Weather Station for Student Project Competition 2013

Contact Information

University: Yanbu Industrial College, RC Colleges and Institutes Division at Yanbu (Saudi Arabia)

Team Members:

(EIET Senior Design Project Members)

Yasser Eid Lapss Al Shreaf

Ahmed Adi Raghep Altaluoni

Awad Al Rashidi

Maher Khalid Ahmed

Advisers: Engr. Muhammad Javed Iqbal, Engr. Nabil Shaukat, Engr Zulfiqar Ali Leghari

Submission Language : English

Project Information

Title: Pollution Monitoring & Weather Station

Description:

Introduction

Weather monitoring has very high impact on modern era; it has given thousand years old agriculture a new dimension and made it more efficient and productive, modern day aircrafts cannot takeoff or land without having weather information. On other hand pollution can significantly affect quality of our life and endanger human with chorionic diseases which increase mortality in the region.

By developing Weather station and pollution monitoring system we can offer community service to the residents of Yanbu Industrial city (and other cities as well) by providing them weather and pollution updates and alerts. Our system collects information from different sensors through NI Wireless sensor network (WSN), the LabVIEW application acquires and analyzes the entire data and then broadcast the information and alerts to local community through LabVIEW web application and services, NI data dashboard for mobile devices and SMS. All the data is also logged for future reference.

Some of the benefits for local community and concerned departments are listed below;

1.    Our system can send high air pollution alerts to residents to wear masks and turn their ac to room circulation to protect them.
    2.    Our system can guide farmers to plan their irrigation schedule. 
    3.    By weather forecasting, our system can help the residents to plan their outdoor activities or travelling.
    4.    By careful weather data analyzing, suitable locations or seasons could be identified for wind turbines and solar panels.
    5.    Researchers/teachers can utilize the acquired weather or pollution data in their advance research or to develop better understanding in this field among the students.
    6.    It can provide information to civil contractor to plan their work timeline by predicting weather.
    7.    It can send bad weather alerts to fishermen to plan their fishing activities.
    8.    The municipality corporation can also get benefit out of this system with localized air quality and garbage monitoring unit.

Products used in the project:

NI Products:

• NI 9791 WSN Gateway

Selected as best product in 2010 and got Engineer choise award , it act as data gateway for weather and pullotion data

• NI 3202 WSN Node

Selected as best product in 2010 and got Engineer choise award , user firendly labview programble node,it act as wireless node for weather and pullotion sensors which have analog outputs.

• NI 3212 WSN Node

Selected as best product in 2010 and got Engineer choise award , user firendly labview programble node, It act as wireless node for temperature and digital sensor.

• NI LabVIEW Full Development System 2012 SP1

Very easy to use graphical programming language for the engineers scientist and researcher , we can quickly turn ideas into reality using this language all programming of this project is done in this language.

• NI LabVIEW Web Server and Web Publishing Tool

By using LabVIEW Web Server and Web publishing tool any one can remotely access weather and pollution VI through  internet with LabVIEW run time engine. If the user is not having LabVIEW run time engine and he/she is having restricted and secured even though  the LabVIEW support is there and using LabVIEW web services the user the can connect and access the weather and pollution data  as a thin client in standard HTTP  interface.

• NI Data Dash Board

By using Data Dashboard for LabVIEW , We make portable view of Weather and pollution application on tablet and smart phone. The app displays the values of network-published shared variables and/or Web services on charts, gauges, text indicators, and LEDs.

• NI Wireless Sensor Network tool kit

By using NI WSN Wireless tool kit for LabVIEW we program WSN nodes, this toolkit give benefit rapid development of graphical programming for your entire application.

• NI Vision toolkit

This kit used for web cam interface on to monitor weather condition from indoor window, this can also be used to detect cloud on the sky in the future.

• NI Data dashboard:

With the Data Dashboard for LabVIEW app, We can make portable view of Weather and pollution application. The app displays the values of network-published shared variables and/or Web services on charts, gauges,           text indicators, and LEDs.

• LabVIEW 2012 and toolkits.

LabVIEW is graphical programming language used to develop variour types of applications. All module of our software will use LabVIEW 2012 and its tool kits.

1.PNG

Front Panel of Main VIs

We have used customize LabVIEW control to make front panel interface beautiful.

Current Weather User Interface:

w1.png

Weather Statistics and Recording User Interface:

c1.png

NOTE: Please see the attached documents for details.

Comments
Rabigh
on

I Like kind of project and I hope it will add a good value to our areas.

JSTPP
on

Really good prproject

good luck

regards,

yassory
on

Really it is good project

MSH321
on

Amazing project ..

Samis123
on

I hope we can see this project in real life soon

sameerxyz00
on

good luck, wonderful project.

jeddah1
on

Good luck.

I hope you the best with your nice project.

Rose11
on

Really wonderful project

ahmed2009
on

nice and useful project

good luck

best project ever

althagafi
on

Amazing project

Good luck

Rami82
on

Nice job, very nice to see such productive saudi students and saudi college.

Abo.jood
on

Congratulation my brother, wish best luck for you

Toona99
on

أنا اشهد انه مشروعٍ خطير

تحياتي للقائمين على هذا المشروع

وأتمنى لكم النجاح والتوفيق          

CFm56
on

It is amazing ! Well done . Keep going.more and mora projects we are waiting to see.

t_polo16000
on

perfect project and best group

CFm56
on

It is realy a great work .I believe that you guys can achieve more. Good jop

Majeddd
on

NIce project i wish you win

jakan
on

it is good project

Alwddani
on

الله يوفقكم

microlog
on

Go a head

Sultangq
on

Good jop

alhajri
on

Wounderfull project ..

alhajri
on

Nice job ..

y.shaibi
on

Excellent idea & wonderful presentation...

Good luck

Alshareef88
on

Good Luck ...

Eng.Ammar
on

I Like the idea and i hope you ein

Agile
on

Impressive. Well done. I would like to see the code.

abh
on

Really GOOD job....great

Contributors