Southern Ontario LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Opportunity in London Ontario

Hello Southern Ontario LabVIEW Community,

I hope this is an appropriate forum for this job posting (see below). I would also like to know how I might post it at the three upcoming Southern Ontario Group Meetings. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

For more information on the following opportunity, you may reach me at Louis.Ferreira@uwo.ca

best regards,

Louis Ferreira

Louis.Ferreira@uwo.ca

Engineering Laboratory Technician  - 1 position

Lawson Health Research Institute – Hand and Upper Limb Centre

Anticipated to extend for one (1) year, subject to the availability of work.

Lawson Health Research Institute is one of Canada's largest and most respected hospital-based research institutes. As the research institute of St. Joseph's Health Care, London and London Health Sciences Centre, and working in partnership with Western University, Lawson is committed to furthering scientific knowledge to advance health care around the world.

Lawson is seeking an Engineering Laboratory Technician to support the Hand and Upper Limb Centre. This role will utilize data acquisition technologies to make measurements during cadaver-based biomechanical studies. The data will then be analyzed and interpreted statistically, for the purpose of disseminating the results to the scientific and medical communities.

The successful candidate will be responsible for:

-          solving technical application oriented problems related to data acquisition, motion control and software.

-          setting up, monitoring, and maintaining operational and experimental equipment, circuitry, and software, while adhering to pre-established guidelines and engineering specifications. Includes the calibration of instruments to meet established conformance standards, testing instrument accuracy and making adjustments as necessary.

-          Building or setting-up lab equipment

-          performing research activities and other tasks as necessary in a laboratory environment.

-          leading and directing the work of junior trainees and lab assistants. Responsible for coordinating the cleaning and maintaining of the lab and equipment.

-    managing with receipt of raw materials, and ordering and stocking of materials and equipment.

-          administrative duties, including the orientation and training of new trainees, arranging for repairs and renovations with building maintenance department, and interfacing with local workplace safety committee, managing laboratory safety protocols, and filing safety training certificates for lab personnel.

-          Must be able to organize and keep track of several projects.

At times, flexibility of working hours will be needed to support the success of a project. The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to plan and accomplish goals, while working under limited supervision.

Contact Louis Ferreira for more details at Louis.Ferreira@uwo.ca

Message 1 of 4
(12,204 Views)

Hi there Louis. Thanks for posting this! Another place you can post and search for resumes is on our LabVIEW Career Network here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-career-network

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,520 Views)

Thank you Albert. I have posted there as well.

Do you know how I might post the job opportunity at the upcoming User Group Meetings in Ontario?

thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,520 Views)

We are actually pointing all of the attendees to join this user group page here, so this is the best place to post those to get visibility for the user group. I can also let the user group hosts know of this opportunity if they would like to mention it at the meeting. If you would like to stop by the meeting to talk about it please feel free!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,520 Views)