From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SoWLUG (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoWLUG 14/4/16 - Call for Topics, Speakers and presentation

Hi All,

We have a date and a venue all we need now are Topics, Speakers and presenttions. So If you are interested please comment and register. I look forward to seein you all there.

Registration is now open for the South West LabVIEW User Group (SoWLUG) taking place on Thursday 14th April from 2pm.

You can register your FREE place by following the link below:

Eventbrite - South West LabVIEW User Group (SoWLUG) - 14/04/2016

We look forward to welcoming you to Dyrham Park. Agenda to follow.

If you have any questions or have a topic you would like to see presented or discussed at the SoWLUG, please email sowlug@austinconsultants.co.uk.

Many thanks,

The Austin Team

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,652 Views)

Hi all,

With the user group just around the courner, I wanted to confirm some of the details

Change in location.

The User group will now be hosted at a New Dyson facility that they have called Lower Ledge Farm.

The address details are:

Lower Ledge Farm, Doynton Lane, Dyrham, SN14 8EY

Directions

The location is rural so Sat Navs don’t always help.

Specific directions to the property are: From Junction 18 of the M4, take the exit onto the A46 towards Bath. After about 2 miles turn right, signposted to Dyrham (3/4 mile) and Doynton (2 1/2 miles). Proceed down Sands Hill into Dyrham. At the T Junction, turn left, signposted Doynton (1 1/2 miles) and Wick (3 miles). The entrance to Lower ledge Farm can be found after about one mile on the left hand side. Proceed through the gates; car parking can be found straight ahead or around the residential buildings

Please note

There is NO internet access

I look forward to seeing you all there

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,066 Views)

UPDATE

Car Parking

There is space for around 30-35 cars within Lower Ledge. Parking can be found within the small car park (opposite the Broadmeadow building) and around the residential buildings.

Please note, the car park behind the wooden gates are reserved exclusively for the RDD site, and is not avaialble for user to the Lower Ledge Space.

The User Group will be held in the Seminar Room

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(10,066 Views)

UPDATE

Agenda

14:00 - Welcome & Introduction

Presentations:

14:15 - GUI tips and tricks - Kevin Ross (Austin)

14:30 - Update from NI & Trendwatch TSN - Ralph McFadyen (National Instruments)

15:00 - myRIO Air Hockey Table - Kevin Ross (Austin)

15:15 - Break

15:30 - Key highlights of the CLA Summit - Martin McDermott (Dyson)

15:45          LabVIEW Automous Rig Project - Larry Colvin (Dyson)

16:00 - LabVIEW Code Challenge (Please Ensure you have a laptop with LabVIEW to participate) - Kevin Ross (Austin)

16:45 - Wrap up and feedback forms

Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the event.

Please note

There is NO internet access

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(10,066 Views)

Hi,

Thank you all for coming last week to the South West LabVIEW User group, it was really good to meet all of you and engage in some good discussion.

Some actions came out of the user group

- Martin are you able to upload or provide a link to James Powell presentation that you gave and also the code.

- Larry please may you upload your public version of LARP

- I will save the Coding challenge for the next user group

Many thanks to all

I look forward to seeing you all at the next user group.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(10,066 Views)

Hello, My presentation and code are posted on CSLUG.  -- James Powell

Message 6 of 7
(10,066 Views)

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing this I found this really interesting.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(10,066 Views)