From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SoWLUG (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oct 2014 Linux PuTTY etc

Thank you all for your time and an excellent meeting.

The slides are attached but are fairly meaningless as I covered a lot of ground in code.

Specifically....

VPS

Linux

MySQL

Version Control

Issue Tracking generally Bugzilla3 specifically

PuTTY, Plink

STDOut and auto-loading new updates

If you have any comments, questions etc I'm more than happy to offer up code fragments, scripts and advice.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,152 Views)

Hey Steve,

Thanks for talking about this during the user group (I know it has been a while since)

I was curious about the projects manager that you showed us at the time. Have you any plans to release the code to the community/sell it?

Ta,

K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,108 Views)

Um....

I have no plans to release it formally, because it is internal company software so specific to our requirements. Also there is a reasonable amount of external stuff that needs setting up.

That said we've no real interest in keeping it internal and if you have a specific requirement, I'll be more than happy to help.

The only password protected bits are the ones with login information pertaining to our VPS and databases. It wouldn't be an enormous amount of work to encrypt them and store them in our configuration database. It would then need a setting up wizard to link it to the VPS and databases.

If there was overwhelming interest I'd look into it.

I guess someone needs to convince me it's worth spending time on....

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,110 Views)