Smartphones, Tablets, and Mobile Devices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect hyperlink on Dashboard/iPad?

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to connect hyperlink on Dashboard/iPad?

Hello,

I've just started to use Data Dashboard for LabVIEW on iPad this week. Now, I would like to ask how to connect the hyperlink; normal website at Dashboard? I've seen at the first page of Tutorial3, "Run the dashboard..." text connects to NI website. I tried from adding text on my dashboard page and select "http://", and typed target weblink or ni.com for testing, however, even after run the dashboard, nothing is happened(of couse, the iPad is under perfect internet connection environment).

Could you explain how to make the hyper link?

iOS 7.1.2, Data Dashboard 2.2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,938 Views)

Re: How to connect hyperlink on Dashboard/iPad?

If you run the dashboard and then tap on the hyperlink it should take you to a browser app with the link that you configured.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,608 Views)

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your reply, however, it doesn't show up any website. the link copied from the tutorial works fine, but my created one does not open Safari on iPad.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,608 Views)
This widget could not be displayed.
Solution
This widget could not be displayed.

You have to edit the properties for the link object first. You do that by selecting it (while the dashboard is not running) and tapping on the properties toolbar button (the gear icon, just to the left of the run button). That will show a popup with a list of property categories. One of the categories is called "Hyperlink". Choose that category and you will see a switch to enable or disable the hyperlink and (when it is enabled) a field to type in a URL. Once you have entered a URL in that field then you can run the dashboard, and tapping on the hyperlink should now take you to the URL you entered.

There are many editable properties in Data Dashboard. Each type of control has a different set of editable properties, including the canvas/dashboard (you can see these by tapping on properties with nothing selected).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,608 Views)

Hello Adam,

Thank you so much, finally I could connect to the website. I didn't check the details(On >) part before. I appreciate your kindly support.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,608 Views)