Smartphones, Tablets, and Mobile Devices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps in Dashboard

Google Maps in Dashboard

Hi Folks,

Is there any way we can use google maps in Dashboard?

Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,409 Views)

Re: Google Maps in Dashboard

Hi Krish,

No, there is not currently support for using Google Maps in Data Dashboard for LabVIEW.

However, with some elbow grease, you should be able to create an HTML thin client that embeds Google Maps and also communicates with LabVIEW through web services.

It will take some web knowledge, but you may want to check out Google Polymer, which is making it a lot easier to call components like Google Maps in static web content: https://www.polymer-project.org/

Let me know what you think!

- Joey

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(1,866 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the reply,Actually my requirement is to display my front panel by entering the link

in any internet supported devices.By using web publishing tool i can display my Fp in my client systems

coming to mobiles i can't install the Run time engine on it. Ofcourse by using lab socket i can show a demo but

i cant spend money on it. So, Thought of using Dashboard to display my lati longi data in google maps but didnt succeded. Let me know any suggestions on this topic

Thanking You,

VenuGopal.

Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,866 Views)

Hi VenuGopal,

If all you want to do is display an image of the front panel, this may not be too hard.

To publish this data from LabVIEW, you can use the This VI > Front Panel > Get Image Method, which will export your front panels appearance at the time of the call to an image file. Then you can flatten the image data to a string and create a simple HTML client that will unpack the data and display the latest image returned.

We have an example that does this same thing in a more complicated fashion.  Search in the LabVIEW example finder for "Weather Monitor" and check it out.

If you have LabVIEW 2014, it will be installed in this relative path:

LabVIEW 2014\examples\Connectivity\Web Services\Weather Monitor\Web Services — Weather Monitor.lvproj

Does this help you?

Best,

Joey

Joey S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,866 Views)

Hi Joey,

Currently Iam using labview 2013 not yet upgraded to 2014.is there any chance that feature is available in LV2013 and one more thing if i use this can i view in any mobile.

Thanking You,

Regards,

VenuGopal.

Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,866 Views)

Hi VenuGopal,

This example is installed for LabVIEW 2013 as well. It was included in previous versions of LabVIEW too, just with a different name on disk.

Here is the LabVIEW help introducing web services in LabVIEW 2013:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/build_web_service/

Searching in the NI Example Finder (Help > Find Examples...) for Weather Monitor will help you locate the example.

Best,

Joey

Joey S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,866 Views)

Hi Krish,

I created a new community group to make it easier to learn about web development with LabVIEW.

Check it out!

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/web-services

Joey S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,866 Views)