Smartphones, Tablets, and Mobile Devices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data DashBoard pour iOS8

Bonjour,

Je ne retrouve plus Data DashBoard dans l'App Store.

Est-ce normal ?

Quelqu'un a-t-il une explication ?

Je développe une application dessus et je veux savoir si je dois continuer ou si je dois passer sur Android.

Merci

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,560 Views)

Il samble etre toujours disponible: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/data-dashboard-for-labview/id481303987?mt=8

Essai avec cette adresse sur ton iPad

Dany Allard

Message 2 of 11
(2,750 Views)

Effectivement ca marche... Mais plus accessible depuis l'App Store directement.

Merci pour l'info.

Bonne journeée

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,750 Views)

SENINONO,

At this point we have removed the Data Dashboard for LabVIEW App for iPhone from iTunes due to issues related to iOS 8.

Are you able to use the iPad version successfully for your application? Do you prefer the iPhone version?

Thanks,

Joey Spinella

Product Manager, Data Dashboard for LabVIEW

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
Message 4 of 11
(2,750 Views)

Joey,

I would like to test and use this application on my IPhone because I do not have IPad in office.

Can you tell me if the application will be available in the coming days?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 11
(2,750 Views)

Hi SENINONO,

Can you please describe the application you are developing?

Do you have access to any Android phones or tablets? The functionality is the same for these.

Joey S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,750 Views)

Hello Seninono

I have the same question as you say:

Can you tell me if the application of the dashboard  will be available in IOS 8 iphone Version in the coming days?

Please, can anyone  reply to this important question?

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,750 Views)

Hi BADWI,

We only fully support iOS and Android tablets with Data Dashboard 2.2.1 (the latest release as of this post). There is also an Android Phone and Windows App version of Data Dashboard which has more limited feature support (no customizable canvas, limited layouts and only one control per page for Android). See the product page here.

We no longer support iPhone for Data Dashboard for LabVIEW. If you need to connect to LabVIEW from an iPhone or other unsupported target, I would recommend using LabVIEW Web Services to build a static HTML page as shown in these resources:

http://chrislarson.me/blog/labview-web-services-web-app.html

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17328

http://www.labvolution.com/labview-web-services-part-3/

Do you have any further questions?

Is this for a classroom, laboratory, or industrial setting? Do you need to just do monitoring or also control?

Thanks,

Joey Spinella

Joey S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,750 Views)

Thank you Joey for your quick answer,

The application is targeted for industrial setting , and like you said there is  no problem when i tried data dashboard app on ipad.

So the main reason to remove this app from App store  is that iPhone does not have that large screen, but now with iPhone 6+, that has a 5.5 resolution , i think is enough to visualize a well screen?

Just my question , if there is some works to update the data dashboard app to run on iphone 6+ iOS 8 and when it will be released?   Or it will still unsupported ?

So according to your answer i will decide to continue my design using LabVIEW Web Services or not.

Thank you in advance and Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,750 Views)

Hi BADWI,

It is true that screen size is becoming more of a continuous curve that runs from smartphones to tablets (and even to laptops). The reason we removed the iPhone version of the app from the app store was not due to screen size limitations, but due to bugs that were introduced as part of porting to the most recent iOS SDK.

As of right now, we do not have an iPhone version of the app, and it is not as simple as distributing the iPad version to be used on large iPhones such as the iPhone 6+. To create an iPhone version of the Data Dashboard for LabVIEW app would require starting over to design a new layout and user experience optimized for the range of iPhone screen sizes. This is not something we are currently pursuing.

BADWI, I see you are listed as an NI employee - if you have further questions I would recommend contacting me directly.

Thanks,

Joey Spinella

Joey S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,750 Views)