From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video recording with USB 6509

I am working on one project. In which I have CCD image sensor with EIA B/W video camera and its output is connected to Analog Front End(AFE). The output of AFE is 12 Bit Digital data at the rate of 9 MHz. I am thinking to use USB 6509 for data acquatision from AFE. Actually I want to produce one video file(e.g. 30 second video) from the AFE that is the reason I am using USB 6509 to get the digital data in my computer. 

I know USB 6509 is compatible with LABView SignalExpress software. 

Now, My question is, as I have data to my computer using USB 6509. How can I generate video file (preferrable lossless compression) from the digital data using the SignalExpress or Do I need any other software?

FYI: I am new to LABView.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,812 Views)

Hi erhk,

SignalExpress will not be able to create a video/image from the data; though, it will allow you to acquire it. If you can get the data into a 2D array of pixel values, you can use LabVIEW with the Vision Development Module to create a video with it. There also may be other programs out there that can convert the 2D array to a video/picture file.

------------------------------
Bill E. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,799 Views)

And you certainly will not be able to capture 9MHz data with the 6509. As you can see from the specs, it is software timed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,791 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,787 Views)

I'd just be guessing since I don't have a great deal of experience with vision - just a lot with the 6509. You can look at the 1422 but your best bet is contacting an NI Sales Engineer. You might also want to post to the Vision board.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,784 Views)