SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal express and VI logger

Dear All,

I have changed from VI logger to LabVIEW signal express, and I am facing one problem. I am working with NI cRIO-9215 with BNC (HI-speed USB carrier device). It can go upto 100k (sampling rate) with samples to read=1000. Now When I use LabVIEW signal express it only goes upto 30k with samples to read=1000 . The screen shot shows an error that occurs and tell to make 2 changes. I want to see the signal moving in "Data VIEW" so I cannot uncheck the "update signal while running" . This I do not want to change. The other change I have made, to log the data after logging complete, but still I cannot go above 30K. 

Can anyone tell me why?

Another question, When I try to export the data of the channels to Micrsoft Excel, it give the error stating " data could not be sent. Make sure that the log contains less than 65000 samples". Please shed some light on this also.

Thank you .

The screen shot is attached. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,702 Views)
Hi. I can answer your second question. The reason for the message restricting the number of samples in a log that can be copied over to Microsoft Excel is that previous versions of that product didn't support more than 65535 rows. Since the latest version of Excel now can, I believe that the error that you saw in SignalExpress is being addressed.

Phil

Message 2 of 7
(7,694 Views)

You should be able to obtain much better results by increasing the number of samples to read. A buffer size of 1000 with a sample rate of 100kHz means that SignalExpress must sustain a loop rate of 10ms, which may be more than the application can handle if you choose to view the data while logging is in progress. If you change the number of samples to 20,000 for example,  the loop rate will increase to 200 ms, which should be sufficient.

I hope it helps!

Regards

Message 3 of 7
(7,687 Views)
Another "trick" you can do is to make the SignalExpress window smaller.  The larger the graph the slower it is.  Making the application window smaller will help with performance.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,658 Views)

Dear Phil,

The error it gives is that when exporting to Excel is that the rows are too much, the error says that we must go in the options and reduce the number of samples, I went there and reduced the sample number but still the same error. I do not have a latest excel, only 2003. Any ideas?

Munir.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,371 Views)

Hi Munir, are you using SignalExpress 2.5? I was able to get this to work correctly using that version. I'll check using SE 2.0 in case that is what you are using...

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,361 Views)

Hi Phil J,

I am using LabVIEW SE ver.2.5.

Munir

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,356 Views)