SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impact testing

Hi Doug.

I have a question. The data sheet of the hammer says 11.2 mV/N. On the example SVA_Impact Test. The configuration of the hammer is with acceleration task. Looking the documentation, the documentation says. "This project does not ship a custom scale. National Instruments recommends that you create a custom scale for the hammer signal to convert g to N (or lbf). You can create a custom scale from DAQmx Acquire Step Setup tab...". My question is how can I convert g to N. The g-force is m/s/s and N is kg.m/s/s. I'm confuse how can do the custom scale or do you suggest to try to do with a task of Force IEPE.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(3,966 Views)

A custom scale can be used to apply the correct sensitivity 11.2 mV/EU and the desired units ("N"). Your hammer is always sensitive to force, and the custom scale unit label is just used to display the desired units. The limitation of a reference accelerometer channel is a peculiarity that is unique to the implementation in the Assistant. The Trigger Step can only operate on one channel group while DAQmx Acquire Step outputs a channel group per measurement type.

If you are able to use LabVIEW, please review the Sample Project: Impact Test (NI-DAQmx) (Sound and Vibration). Out of the box, the sample project offers more functionality, and it can be extended more easily if you want add/customize functionality.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(3,958 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

What is the exactly the name of the file on Labview?, I'm looking for it. I only find these. I attached the Example Finder Window.

NI Example Finder.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(3,953 Views)

Impact Test was an example that was upgraded to a sample project. From the LabVIEW Getting Started Window, select Create Project.

Create Project Window.png

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(3,950 Views)

Hi,

The program is so useful, Thank you. One more question, what is the best way to open the Frecuency Responses File (.uff extension), what do you suggest?, any ideas using a .vi on Labview?.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(3,938 Views)

For a quick peak at the data in the file, use the shipping LabVIEW VI: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\Platform\storage\utility\Data File Viewer.vi which can be found in the Functions>>Programming>>File I/O>>Storage/DataPlugin palette:

Data File Viewer in Palette.png

Open the VI from the palette and run it.

File Viewer.png

If you want to automate post processing of the frequency responses in a VI, use the SV API for UFF58. The Write API was used to generate the binary (UFF58B) file, and you can use the Read API to open and read the generated file.

UFF58b Palette.png

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(3,935 Views)

Excuse me.
Could you tell me about version of Labview that you used
I don't have this sample project
I use Labview 2014 

thanksample.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,711 Views)

Hi,

I'm using Labview 2014 Professional Development System. Did you install the complete software?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,705 Views)

The sample projects and LabVIEW APIs referenced in the above posts rely on the Sound and Vibration Toolkit.

Refer to http://www.ni.com/soundandvibration/ for more information.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,699 Views)