From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to perform DC and AC testing for ADC chip using signal express DAQ?

Hi,

can anyone teach me how to use SignalExpress 3.0 to perform DC and AC testing for an ADC chip?

(I am using DAQ card NI-PCI-6024E)

Please Help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,990 Views)
Can you attach ADC specification, and list down an item of your AC/DC test in detail?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,976 Views)

Hi Thanks for the reply!

I am using

ADC Chip:ADC0808CCN

The Test include DC Testing: Offset Error, Gain Error, INL, DNL.

AC Testing: Coversion time, Full BW test.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,966 Views)

If you see your ADC specification, you'll find that it requires 16 lines of digital I/O, but 6024E only has 8 lines which is not enough.

Another problem is that 6024E AO update rate is just 10k which cannot fullfill ADC BW for sure.

You also need a synchroniztion between AO and digital input to test a conversion time which is not supported by 6024E.

Therefore, I'd recommend you to change a hardware in order to test ADC.

There's a reference example on testing ADC found in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8218.

Please refer to it, and see what is the hardware you should use.

Message 4 of 6
(6,964 Views)

Hi,

thanks for the info.

But right now i can only use the NI-PCI-6024E for this project, any recommendation of what ADC chip to use?

I am sorry because this is first time i use the NI product.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,959 Views)

Look for an ADC with no more than 8 digital lines need.

However, you still cannot perform some tests like BW test, since your AO update rate is too slow, and conversion time, since you cannot synchronize between AO and DIO.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,948 Views)