SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with 9411

Need some help with 9411 in SignalExpress

The 9411 has 6 A/B inputs and 4 counters (so how would you use all 6 inputs?)

I need to use the high-speed 2 counter frequency step.  So I assume I can then only use 2 input pairs per 9411 since it only has 4 counters.

So for each 9411 I have 2 encoder A/B inputs on DI0a/b and DI2a/b (which are measuring chemical flow rate).

When I select high-speed mode (2 counters), how do I know which counters it's using?  I keep getting error that resource is already in use.  I created a step for each input as suggested.

I assume the PFI input terminals are the 6 DI A/B input pairs but why do PFI0, PFI1 and PFI2 show input and the other do not.  I would assume only PFI0 and PFI2 work since that is where I have the inputs connected to.

I've used the linear position step which uses both A/B signals and it looks correct.  But when using the freq step the #s are very wild, ranging from 0Hz to 1MegaHz ???

So which counters are used in high-speed freq mode?

What are the PFI?  Why do that not match to the DI inputs?

Unable to find any proper documentation on this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,033 Views)

Also why is the Y scale not in time?  It's shown in interations.  How do I graph it over time?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,027 Views)

It appears like I can only use 2 sets of counters regardless of how many 9411 cards I have.

Is the 9188 limited to 4 counters in total?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,023 Views)