From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

end/stop trigger signal express

Using Signal Express, I am trying to set up a hardware end or stop trigger for acquiring data.  I see that there are stop condtions available on the analog input lines, but I would like to be able to use those for acquiring data and have the trigger (a positive swinging TTL pulse) set the end trigger.  I do not see an option for using the digital inputs to set an stop trigger (only a start trigger) in Signal Express, and the searches I have done have only shown results (albeit workarounds really) for LabView.

I would like to know if it is possible to set a stop trigger using Signal Express using the digital inputs.

The NI board is PCI-6122

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,770 Views)

Ben,

The closest you are going to be able to get to what you want is to use a DAQmx acquire with a Start Trigger and a Reference Trigger. When the Start Trigger pulses, the acquisition will start sampling. When the Reference Trigger pulses, you will get a pre-defined number of samples before the Reference Trigger as well as additional samples after. You will have to set Acquisition Mode to N Samples to do this. This is the closest to a start and "stop" trigger you can get in SignalExpress.

The other option is to use Start and Stop Conditions in the Recording Options of the acquisition. This can record data based on hardware, software, or date/time conditions. This will be you're best bet for creating a log of data during particular events.

Regards,

Aaron 

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,756 Views)