From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Start/stop condition error" mean?

All of a sudden (seemingly anyway), I get a "Start/stop condition error" when I click Record in my project. As far as I know, I haven't changed anything since the last time I was able to record data. The full text of the error is:

The timing of a signal used to evaluate a start/stop condition is incompatible with the timing of the signal being logged. If one signal has a sample period of 0, then all the other signals must also have a sample period of 0.

I can't make any sense out of this message. I'm pretty sure none of my signals has a sample period of 0.

I'm using Sweep to sweep through a number of frequencies in an IVI FGEN Standard Function step and a DAQmx Acquire step to read inputs from an NI USB-6259. I've attached the project.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,043 Views)

I've run the project on my machine, and I did reproduce the error. I noticed that the error goes away if I remove the event detection in the recording options. Did you manage to run the project without error while doing event detection?

Message 2 of 3
(6,033 Views)

Thanks. I removed that and now I can log again. I wish I knew how it got in there in the first place... 😐

-Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,026 Views)