SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning:NI-HSDIO Generate

When I run the program on NI-HSIDO, I get the following warning/error.

NI-HSDIO Generate: The device has received new data while in continuous generation mode. New data was downloaded and the continuous generation has been restarted.

What does this mean? How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,366 Views)

Hi Jonathan,

What vi is giving you the warning? If it is the NI-HSDIO Generate express VI, this is expected behavior - http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370520K-01/hsdioviref/hsdio_gen_express/. It is not configured for streaming data for generation.

You can take a look at some of the NI-HSDIO shipping examples for continuous generation and streaming for uninterrupted generation, such as "Continuous Generation - Stream From Memory.vi".

-Eric H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,305 Views)

Hi ericthemantis,

Thank you for your reply.

I have one more trouble,

The Signal Express seems to only functioning up to signal 7. When I tried increase up to signal 10, the new 3 signals which I created had no response.

Thank you. I'm new to Signal Express, sorry for the lack of my knowledge.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,283 Views)

Hello Jonathan, 

There are a few things that can be going wrong, but we would need a bit more information about your system, hardware and application so that we can narrow down the issue. For instance, you could be experiencing a bad output line on the device, not really a software problem. Can you test each line individually to see if all of the output lines work correctly? Also, which device are you using, and can you please attach a screenshot of the steps that you are using in signal express to generate the data, or are you programming in LabVIEW? The more details and information that we have, the better we can help you. 

I hope this helps you, and Happy New Year!

Sal H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,268 Views)

JonathanSmith,

It sounds like you may have configured the device for a finite generation (or a continuous generation with regeneration), yet tried to write new data to the device while generating.  It sounds like you are using SignalExpress.  If so, please post your signal express project that is creating the error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,205 Views)