From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Identification Assistant Signal Generator

Hello,

I am using a GW Instek power source to heat a graphite rod within a vacuum chamber.  I am detecting the temperature with a K type thermocouple connected to a thermocouple input module.  I have written a labview program with a PID and have everything running, yet i force tuned the PID. I would like to use the signal identification tools labview provides to identify the transfer function and model the process.  I have used the system identification assitant in attempting to send a step signal and acquire a response, yet I have been running into difficulties.  The only way I can perform a step function is to manually generate an output of a specified power and then measure the response, as the signal generator within the system identification software is not identifying the GW Instek PSW 30-108 power source. With manual input and importing both input and output data i am able to get a parametric model, yet the transfer function provide me PID values which are 5 orders of magnitude greater then the ones i am currently using. Ideally i would like to use the software to generate the signal and measure the response continuously rather then using data i collect through my program.  If possible, I would also be interested in perhaps directly integrating VI's to perform signal analysis directly into my process program.

Problems and what I have done:

I have the drivers for the power source and my process program recognizes the device yet system ident assist cannot find the hardware. I have attempted to creat a task in NI-MAX yet the hardware is also non-identifiable. 

Port module input works with VISA and this is how my VI is communicating with the power source.

Goals:

I would like to use the system ident assist to generate power ouput and collect temperature input, and generate a process model, so that I may tune my PID more accuratly.

Also, I may be interested in integrating VI's directly into my process program, yet I am new to the LV language...

I have attached  my Labview program below.  I would like to thank you in advance for your time and look forward to responses.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,801 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,758 Views)