SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing Freq and Voltage Charts

How do I properly synchroize display charts in SignalExpress.  One is displaying Frequency and the other Voltage.  Both are set to 1 Sample (on Demand) with a 100ms sample period but after running 10 seconds this is the output:

ni.png

I run for only 10 seconds but the top one shows an output of 500 seconds and the bottom one shows absolute timescale.  I want both on one time chart if possible.  If I put them on one chart I get this:

ni2.png

Which you can see is even worse.

What's wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,965 Views)

One chart is time based the other is interation based.  How do I force both to be time based?  I tried to scale the one chart to close to the other but then that same scaling gets automatically applied to the other chart, why???

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,958 Views)

Hi!

What version of SignalExpress are you using? I see here that there is a known issue in 2012 that charts in SignalExpress can only display absolute time. 

"LabVIEW SignalExpress 2012 Known Issues"

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14060/en/

So I'm not sure if what you're seeing might be related.

Could you also go into a bit more detail about how you tried to force both to be time based? I'm a bit confused about what you mean by "I tried to scale the one chart to close to the other but then that same scaling gets automatically applied to the other chart"

In any case if you ran for only 10 seconds I'm very confused as to where all that additional data came from on the frequency graph. 

Selene
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,931 Views)

I have SignalExpress 2013, I'll install a newer version in trial mode to compare.

I can't find again how I scaled the time(s) axis.  I can only scale the y axis.  Maybe I was confused.  Nevermind that.

I can put both on the same chart but then as you can see in the image, one signal is very short (circled in red) and the other spans the whole screen.

Need to put both on one chart if possible (and with digital inputs as well if possible).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,925 Views)

Tried version 2015 - same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,923 Views)

We'll I've built my own data acquisition software using NI C/C++ API.

Check it out at http://jfdatalogger.sourceforge.net

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,879 Views)