SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneously Measurement

Hi

I am using 2 counter card to measure digital frequency in signal Express. However, i found i cannot set 2 counters a signal step in SE, so i separate it into 2 steps and i can see there is a Jagged Line in between these 2 steps. That means they run simultaneously. However, i find out that it is not correct. They still run step by step.

I am using two 6602 to measure 8 digital frequency in "method 2- Two counter measurement" and the measurement time is set to 2s in order to get more accurate result. However, if the steps run in step by step mode. That mean i have to create 8 tasks and each step take 2s to conduct the measurement. Then a loop of test should take 16s...It is too long.

is there any experienced can tell me how can i run those 8 steps simultaneously? I want to get all 8 ch-frequency data in every 2 second...Thanks for your help

MY
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,708 Views)
Hi My,

Most of the LabVIEW SignalExpress steps have a Tab named "Execution Control", You can use this to control how the steps execute.
For data acquisition task, you can also select here if you want to execute them in parallel or series by selecting the following drop down box:

By default, it should do the measurements you talk about in parallel and you should see the "jagged line" you mention or the straight line if they are sequential like the following picture:

This preview might be old stuff for you but it is a good starting point. The other thing to consider is if the principle for measuring frequency. Frequency is measured by waiting two rising edges or two falling edges. Best case scenario is that both started just before the first rising edge and therefore it should finish in about 2 seconds. Worst case is that it missed the rising edge, which means it has not even count the first one. This will take little under 4 seconds.

If you place a third counter measurement, you should be able to see that the time is not increasing from the one you experienced before. This should hold for all 8 counters.
Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Yardov on 08-03-2007 02:39 PM

Gerardo O.
RF SW Engineering R&D
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,696 Views)