SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous sweep and acquire

Hi AmayaL,

Please correct me if what I am describing is not your issue, but I believe I have an answer for you. It seems you are trying to output a continuous Chirp (one tone increasing in frequency over time). SignalExpress' "Sweep" function takes a signal and increments the frequency based on the end frequency, essentially in divisions of increasing tone, and is not a Chirp. This is what is creating the lack of  "crossfade" that you are seeing. They are, as you described, simply blocks of tones. 

You can try and use more points to get a smoother transition of the frequency, however I would recommend using LabVIEW and the Sound and Vibration Toolkit, as you can use the "Chirp Waveform.vi" and output that on your 4461. From there you can specify the start and end frequencies of the Chirp, as well as duration and phase. 

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(2,065 Views)

Thanks a lot for this input Ben 🙂

I solved the problem by reading my output signal out of an ASCII file that I wrote with matlab, choosing my correct sampling rate, sweeping speed and other fancy anti-artifacts elements like ramps. Just in case anyone finds themselves with the same problem!

Cheers!

Amaya

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(2,061 Views)