From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous digital and analog acquisition (cDAQ-9174)

Hi all,

I have two flow meters in series and I have to acquire flow rate data from each, simultaneously.

--FLOW METER 1: hall-effect flowmeter (see attachment). Its output are DC square waves (digital output) whose frequency is proportional to flow rate.

In order to acquire from this meter, I have a NI-9411 card.

In SignalExpress I did: Acquire Signal >> DAQmx Acquire >> Counter Input >> Frequency

--FLOW METER2: electromagnetic flowmeter (TOSHIBA, see attachment) model GF630/LF620, whose output is an analog signal, whose voltage is proportional to flow rate.

In order to acquire from this meter, I have a NI-9203 card.

In SignalExpress I did: Acquire Signal >> DAQmx Acquire >> Analog Input >> Voltage

Both the cards are in a NI cDAQ-9174 chassis.

My question is: Is it possbile to acquire signals simultaneously from flowmeter1 and flowmeter2 and than download data in .txt?

Every suggestion would be more than appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes

Agostino Ghetti

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,075 Views)

Hi Agostino,

you can synchronize the two acquisitions.

For the first flowmeter you need a buffered counter input with the same sample rate of the AI acquisition (that will be AI sample clock).

Refer to the following guide for the synchronizations metodology: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5376/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,049 Views)