SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signalexpress 2009 logged voltage do not have individual timestamps

Solved!
Go to solution

I discovered after spending some time collecting data that, when I saved a data log as text, it does NOT give individual timestamps for the values.  Instead,it reports timestamp as a separate row entry at intervals.  This makes it very hard to do data analysis.  

How do I get my voltage data in one column and the timestamp in another? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,065 Views)

Hello wildcatherder,

One thing you can do is to save the data as an lvm file.  This will give you the two columns you desire, with one being time and the other being data.  Unfortunately, SignalExpress doesn't give you the option to format these data types so your time will be in seconds and your data will have a large number of bits of precision.  The lvm file type is nice though because it includes a header containing your test information.  Give this a try and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,042 Views)
I'll give that a try "next year".  Do you know what the delimiters are for the lvm format?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,030 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wildcatherder

Hello,

I hope you had a wonderful new years.  The lvm files are text files and tab delimited, so they can be opened in either notepad or excel.  I mentioned before that the time is returned in seconds, but what I forgot to mention was that the time is returned in seconds from a universal clock started at 12:00 a.m., Friday, January 1, 1904.  From there, you can easily do some post manipulation to get the current date and time.  I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,012 Views)
Thanks, you have provided as complete an answer as anyone would wish.  I am now able to manipulate my data in any way I desire.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,006 Views)