SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording synchronized analog and encoder inputs

Hello,

I'm using SignalExpress LE 2013 with a PCIe-6321 card. I have to record analog and encoder inputs. To synchronize the capture, I configured the encoder input (counter 0) to use the analog inputs Sampling Clock as reference clock. So far everything works fine and I'm able to see all acquired signals. However, when I try to record these values, the counter input isn't available in the record signal selection box (see attached screenshot). Is this a limitation of the hardware/software or my configuration is incorrect? I also provided the SignalExpress project file. I'm sorry but the screenshot is in french.

Thank you,

Philippe

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,832 Views)

There is a limitation within the recording API of SignalExpress that does not allow for logging of buffered frequency measurements. There are two options for working around this limitation. 

If the timing requirements for this project are not strictly defined, the Acquisition Mode of the DAQmx Acquire step can be set to 1 Sample (On Demand), rather than N Samples or Continuous Samples. This mode requires no buffering, so results can be recorded to the log file, but timing of the acquisition is run by software instead of on the hardware. 

If hardware timing is required, then we can use a Save to ASCII/LVM step to save data, but only to a standard text file. The step is added through the Load/Save Signals » Analog Signals palette and can be configured for tab or comma delimiting. 

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,809 Views)

Hello Philippe,

I had the same topic in SignalExpress 2013, to aquire the signal of a continious measurement of a linear encoder signal.

There are good news! With the new version of SignalEpress 2015, this function is now available.

regards,

headni

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,504 Views)