SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtime numeric display of waveform data in SE

Hi all,
I am a new user to SE and I am trying to display a realtime numeric indicator of strain values collected with an scxi 1520 conditioner via scxi-1600 usb daq.
My problem seems to center around the fact that my strain values are "waveforms" rather than scaler.  The "view as" option in Data View only has waveform and XY for options.
Is there anyway to display numeric indicators of the wavform Y data values for each strain channel?

Also, does anyone know if there is a new version of SE (I'm currently running SE Lite 2.5.0 evaluation version) that includes a way to aviod having to hit the "show all" button to update the preview display?  In a perfect world, I would like to display numeric indicators and real-time strip chart type plots of each strain channel that are about 1 minute long and update the 10Hz data every 1 second or faster.

Thanks in advance to everyone for monitoring this forum.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,146 Views)
Hi, I'm curious why you are acquiring a "waveform". What mode are you acquiring in: Continuous, N Samples, or 1 sample? If you were able to acquire in 1 sample mode, you would be able to chart the data, as well as view it as a table. It sounds like you should be able to get this acquisition rate with 1 sample and you can also configure the chart history length to show you the number of samples that you need.

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,135 Views)

Phil,

I am trying to collect at 10Hz for 32 strain channels over a test about an hour long.  When I go to add step/aquire signals/DAQmx aquire/analog input/strain the input is already set to aquire as a waveform, and I can find anyway to change it.  I am sampling continuously at 10Hz with 10 "samples to read".  Perhaps I should be aquiring my signal in a different way? 

Could I aquire 1 signal and just run continuously?

Thanks again for any help.

JB

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,131 Views)
If that particular DAQ device will not let you switch to 1 Sample mode you can acquire continuously and process the DAQ channels with the "Amplitude and Levels" step.  The DC Level result will be the average of the waveform values for a channel.  You can then chart this level and view it with numeric indicators.
Message 4 of 6
(7,129 Views)

Phil,

Changing to 1 sample with a sample period of 500m worked great.  I kept running into buffer overflow errors when trying to log at 10Hz with the 32 strain channels though.  Do you have any idea how I can increase my buffer size?

I have two other quick questions if you have time. 

1.  Is there anyway to change the default channel name that displays on the meters (it is currently SC1Modx/aix)?   I was able to change the group name, but not the individual channels.

2.  When I export to excel each channel opens in it's own worksheet.  Can I automatically open them in one worksheet?

Thanks!

JB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,124 Views)

Hi JB,

I don't believe there is a way to increase your buffer size on your acquisition. (Other than using a faster computer 🙂

1. You should be able to expand the output group under your step, and right-click on the individual channels to rename them.

2. For viewing data on one sheet in Excel, we've only recently started getting this request, but for now, you can drag your signals from the project view (or even the viewer) to excel, and drag them all the same worksheet. We will add the ability to do this more easily in a future release.

Phil

Message 6 of 6
(7,116 Views)