SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Width Measurement - How to specify timeout period?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to put together a simple Signal Express project which measure the pulse width of two separate signal lines.

My PCI6224 has two counter inputs, and run each pulse line into one counter input, respectively.  

The I setup the attached signal express project, which consists of two concurrently runnings DAQmxAcquire tasks.  Each one is set to measure the pulse width for one of the pulses.  I then log the results for later analysis.

This setup works fine some of the time.  The problem arises when the pulses don't happen quickly enough and the acquisition steps timeout.  Seems like that has a simple solution - just increase the timeout period - but I can't find a single setting anywhere the affects the timeout!  The timeout is always 10 seconds, no matter what I do.

Can someone help?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,502 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rothloup

Hello rothloup,

Unfortunately, there is not an option to change the timeout in Signal Express for a Counter Input task.  This has been brought to the attention of our developers.

The LabVIEW DAQmx Read VI has a timeout node that you can specify the timeout, even in counter tasks.  I would suggest attempting to set up your system in LabVIEW (if you are able).

Here is a tutorial on how to do PWM in LabVIEW.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/2991/en/

Cheers, 

Eric
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,462 Views)

hmm,  that seems like an obvious oversight.

thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,449 Views)