From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem viewing data after import TDMS file

Environment SignalExpress 3.0. Windows XP.

I have a number of logs created and saved in a SignalExpress 3.0 project. I'm trying to import a single log into a new project and view the data in a data view window.

So I do:

Open SignalExpress

File->Import->Logged Signal from SignalExpress TDMS files

Navigate to the log folder named - "25062009_135820_-_Nano_Carbon_Pyrograf_T1"

Double click the tdms file named - "Voltage.tdms"

I see the following tree structure in the Logs pane :

Logs

- 25/06/2009 13:58:20

- Nano Carbon Pyrograf T1

- Voltage - Dev3_ai0.

If I then try to drag Voltage - Dev3_ai0 onto a data view it doesn't work.

I've inspected the original project which I used to create the log  tried to import above. Comparing the tree structure it looks:

Logs

- 25/06/2009 13:58:20 - Nano Carbon Pyrograf T1

- Voltage

- Dev3_ai0

In this project I can drag Dev3_ai0 onto a data view with no problem.

Notice the difference in tree structure in the Logs pane? I'm pretty sure SignalExpress is parsing the log wrongly when it imports it!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,116 Views)

Hi Mike

I know that we have communicated over email but I just wanted to respond here so others can see the workaround.

I have investigated the issue and have been able to reproduce the issue, even in Signal Express 2009. The problem is caused by the name you specify for the log when you begin recording. If the character "-" is present at any point in the name of the log, Signal Express does not import the tdms file correctly. This is not an issue with the tdms file, as it opens fine with LabVIEW, but must be an issue with Signal Express. I have reported this as bug under reference #182846. For now, you should not use the "-" character in the name of your log.

Regards

Rich

NI | UK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,081 Views)
I have a similar issue. I have observed that the files that i have saved with "-" while recording, are displayed every time i open the seproj file. But the logs that are been saved using "_" are not shown in the data graph view. I keep on dragging them from the log panel but they wont appear. moreover, i can export to Excel from there which means that the signals are already present but there is some problem with the displaying of the logged signal.
Or might be having some other problem....
I have performed my experiment for measurements of vibrations. I can not perform it once again. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,195 Views)