SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More bugs in 2.5 or is it me?

Sorry to bother you again but after haf a day working with version 2.5, here is what I have experienced....

Version 2.0:

After loading a project back some dataviews were just cleared (if eg it contained 3 dataviews with 3 signals, after loading it back in again
all views are gone...)

Version 2.5:

Still the same thing, this bug has not been resolved?

Version 2.0 => 2.5
When I save several signals (to LVM file) in a project saved in 2.0 and I run this same project in 2.5, it just saves the first signal!!!!
This was realy ambarasing because I've measured a few hours before I realized something was wrong...
So, I have to remove all the signals from the SAVE step and re insert them and then somehow it does what it should do...

Version 2.0:
Graph Scales were cleared after savind or run once...
Version 2.5:
Still the same thing 😞

So, my experience with this new version is rather bad, it even seems to slow down the whole PC,
and all the bugs of the previous version (2.0) are still there??? I believe maybe I should go back to version 2.0...
I can surely say this, it is the last time I install an update from the first day I get it...

O my system is XP with 2Mb ram,
and when I click "about Signal Express" it shows version 2.5  so just in case ....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,424 Views)
I've been trying to reproduce the issues that you have listed. From your message, I see 3 separate issues, so I'll refer to them as #1, #2, and #3 respectively.

#1. You mention that the "dataviews were just cleared" and then "all the views are gone". Are you saying that you had 3 graphs and then when you reloaded you only had 1 graph, or are you saying that you had data on your graphs, and when you reloaded the data was no longer visible?

#2. I have been able to reproduce this.

#3. This sounds like the issue from your other post...

We'd really like to help, so any information you can provide us to make these issues reproducible would be much appreciated.

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,412 Views)

Yes for the empty dataview problem try this:

Create a project wich measures for example 3 signals, create a dataview with 3 views in, one for each signal,
save the project.

Then open that project again and in my case there is then just one Dataview with no more subviews anymore,
also there is no signal bounded to the view anymore, so in fact I'm left with just an empty Dataview...
I normally measure a number of signals at a time, 8, 12, or so and I define datviews (tabs) with the raw signals, then with the
filtered versions, then with fouriers for example, that is one of the main reasons We buyed SE because it gives us this nice
view on different signal aspects in different tabs, once the project is running no problems (exept for thos damn Y scale labels overwitten
off course) but when I save the project and reopen it again, from the 5 tabs with lets say 3 views each only one remains intact,
the other views seem to have lost their layout or subviews or what you call it....
I can reproduce this error every time I save and re-open a project... but one time if I have 3 tabs with dataviews it clears to views,
the other time it clears one... very strange.
What exactly is saved with each project? I do hope the layouts of the tabbed windows also? It is annoying to redefine the views
each time I open up a project (the essence of SE is just to be able to measure signals, save the project and two hours later be able to
just open the project again and measuring immediately or am I wrong? It is a loss of time if I have to "makeup" the views again
just by opening the same project again!)

Kind regards,
PBRM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,403 Views)

O, indeed, in the previous post I speak of DataViews and subviews but off course I mean a dataview divided
in for example 3 graphs and each  graph with its own signal... so when reloading a project all there is left in some dataviews is
one graph and even that graph has "lost" its connection with its signal, so basically I'm left with an empty graph,
that is what I mean.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,399 Views)
I believe that I understand your scenario, but even by following your instructions I have still not been able to make this happen on my end. I have tried:
1. One Data View (tab) which contains 3 data viewers (subviews as you call them) with 1 signal on each.
2. Two Data Views which contain 3 data viewers each with 1 signal on each.
3. Three Data Views which contain 3 data viewers each with 1 signal on each.

In each case, reloading each project had all the correct data and layout on all the tabs.

Is there any chance that you could post one of your projects (.seproj file) so that I could try it out? This would be very helpful.

Thank you again,
Phil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,389 Views)

Hi! I will send you such  project but can I do that by email?

I do have the impression that it related to previous SE version projects because if I start a new project from scratch
I don't seem to have this problem so I guess it probably has something to do with the handling of "older" SE projects...
Anyway I will send you a project where the problem occured,...

And if I get the same error again with 2.5 I'll send it immediataly 🙂

greetings!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,380 Views)
I was really hoping that with this new information I would be able to reproduce your issue, but I still could not. I created a SE 2.0 project with multiple tabs and viewers but it loaded just fine in SE 2.5 for me. Were these project saved in a version less than 2.0?

For posting a project, you have the ability to include an Attachment below the Message Body area when replying. Because I haven't been able to make this happen, I hope you can find the time to post one.

Cheers,
Phil

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,376 Views)

Okay, here is the project... I believe one dataview is missing its input, o and I installed SE from version 2.0 onwards,
I did however use it in trial version before upgrading (buying) the full version

greetings.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,368 Views)
I'm able to see your issue with your project! Thank you very much for posting it. It is being looked at!

Thanks,
Phil

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,359 Views)
We have found the problem!

To give you a little information, when loading a project, other than the currently selected data view tab, the other tabs don't load until you click on them for the first time. The bug was that, if you load a project, and then re-save it without clicking on the unloaded tabs, we lost those tabs' information. So that the next time you load your project, your issue would surface. This is also the reason why it was not always the same tabs which loaded incorrectly, because you clicked on those tabs and they loaded before being re-saved.

This issue is still in SE 2.5. So until we have a new version for you, I would recommend that when you load a project, before saving it again, make sure that you click on all the Data View tabs so that they load.

Again, please allow me to apologize for this inconvenience. And thank you for your help in identifying this issue.

Sincerely,
Phil

Message 10 of 11
(7,357 Views)