From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move projects from one computer to another?

Hi,

What is the best way to move a project in labview signalexpress from one computer to anotherone and include all log files?

As i try i get the error mistake ""the project that you just opened contains logs which are linked to the following deleted files. you need to restore these files in order for this project to work correctly".

Thanks for reply!

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,413 Views)

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the post!

I had notice that there has been no activity on here - so I wanted to offer to look into this. Which I will, tomorrow when Im back in the office.

The honest answer is, I havn't had to before - but I will certainly try it and let you know.

IF you could help me, if you could post your 'code' the this would save time (all be it not loads..)

Kind Regards, 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,375 Views)

Dear Hillman,

Im running labview signal express LE, free version. Is this a problem?

Regards,

Erik 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,362 Views)

Hi Erik,

I hope your well and sorry for the delay... busy day in the UK Office!

So here is some information on SE LE and Full Differences:

LabVIEW SignalExpress Limited Edition, otherwise known as LabVIEW SignalExpress LE, is software included with all National Instruments NI-DAQmx supported hardware devices. It allows the user to acquire, log, and export data with ease. With LabVIEW SignalExpress LE, users are now able to create one log per project and then export the collected data to ASCII or have it displayed in Excel. LabVIEW SignalExpress LE meets many basic data logging needs.

However, LabVIEW SignalExpress LE does not provide more complex data logging functionalities. It is not capable of inline analysis functions, data logging alarms and events, documentation view, multiple data logging files in a single project and other more advanced data logging operations. These features are all available with LabVIEW SignalExpress.

When LabVIEW SignalExpress LE is first installed, the user is given a free 30-day trial of LabVIEW SignalExpress. After the 30-day trial period has expired, the user either chooses to register their copy of LabVIEW SignalExpress to continue using the Limited Edition or purchase LabVIEW SignalExpress.

By default, LabVIEW SignalExpress LE displays only the features available in the Limited Edition. The settings can be configured so that the steps available in the Full Edition are also displayed. Select Tools>>Options to display the Options dialog box. On the General page, select Yes for the Show unlicensed steps option.

For a summary of the differences between LabVIEW SignalExpress Limited Edition and LabVIEW SignalExpress features refer to the following chart:
(See Attachment)

So this leads me to beleive you should be okay.  You can copy and paste the SE.proj file from machine to machine.

Let me know how you get on,

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,342 Views)

Hi! I found this topic that's exactly the same problem I'm having. This occours becouse the records were made in one computer and now I want to analise it in another, just because I have two computer. The problem is: the logs files were saved at a diferent path, the SignalExpress complains it:

"The project that you just opened contains logs which are linked to the following deleted files. You need to restore these files in order for this project to work correctly. C:\Users\GOMAR\Documents\SignalExpress Data\04052018_102345_-_TUE19_MB_comando_MB_-_Freio_Máximo_-_teste_2\Voltage.tdms".

I have the files, but it is in a diferent path. The question is: how to indicate the new path?

Thank you!

Gilberto Metzker

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,668 Views)