From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one close extra data views?

When opening a particular project, there is a point in the process where a bunch of blank-graph data-view windows appear and disappear. Finally when the project finishes opening, there is only one data-view tab open/visible but if I click on the Menu --> View --> Data View item, I see all the extra "views". How can these extra views be deleted or otherwise eliminated?

Too Many Data Views.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,946 Views)

If you right click on the actual Data View tab, and click "Close", there should be a pop-up window that asks if the tab should be permanently removed from the project.  Click "Yes", and that should get rid of it.

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,925 Views)

@James-B wrote:

If you right click on the actual Data View tab, and click "Close", there should be a pop-up window that asks if the tab should be permanently removed from the project.  Click "Yes", and that should get rid of it.

If I understand this right (and I may not because I had not seen SignalExpress before yesterday when I got called in to help with it, because I do know LabVIEW) if I do what you suggest, then the primary data-view tab gets blown away (possibly taking all the extras with it). That would seem to remove the ability to view acquired data without first having to manually setup a new data view tab. I don't want to do that. I want to keep the primary data view tab and only dump the extras.  Here (attached) is the somewhat tedious process I came up with to eliminate the extra data-view windows.  I was hoping that there was a more expeditious way of doing this.

Message 3 of 3
(4,923 Views)