From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I select scalar signals from the Arithmetic step? Only waveform is selectable as input signals.

I need to SUM a couple MIN/MAX signals using the Arithmetic step. These are signals from the Statistics step which converts it to scalar data.

However, in the Arithmetic step, when selecting which input signals I want to use it only gives me the option to select Waveform signals which does me no good.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,582 Views)

I am not able to select outputs from a Statistics step as an input for an Arithmetic step either. But, since you are wanting to sum the min and max outputs, I think a Formula step would work.

From your Statistics step, if you right click on 'max' >> Send to >> Processing >> Analog Signals >> Formula you can create a Formula step with 'max' configured as one of the inputs. Then check Enable 1 and select 'min' as Input variable 1. Then create your formula as Y=x0+x1.

formulaStep.PNG

Here's my Formula step preview.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,555 Views)