SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export peak value to ascii file for multiple logs?

I have multiple logs in a single project.  I want to write the peak value of each log to an ascii file.  Currently, I am using the 'Amplitude and Levels' step followed by the 'Save to ascii' step to accomplish this.  In the 'Save to ascii' step, I have selected the option 'Append to file' in order to allow me to write the peak values of multiple logs to a single file.  However, I have 2 problems:

1)  In the ascii file, I get the peak value for each sample buffer interval.  In other words, for a single log, I get multiple peak values even though I only want to record the peak value for the entire log.  I selected "Hold Peaks' in the  'Amplitude and Levels' step which I thought would accomplish this.

2) I have to save the peak value for each individual log.  Right now, I have about 20 logs in each project file. Is there a way to automatically have SE export the peak value of each log to a single Ascii file.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,866 Views)
1. Currently you need to use the conditional repeat step during playback.  Place the Amplitude and Levels in the loop and the Save To Ascii step after the loop.  Configure the loop to step at a certain iteration count.  You can see the number of iterations in a log by looking at the "Playback Options" tab (Show from the View Menu).  The Save to ASCII step should now only write the final value.

2. We currently do not have batch processing of logs.  It is on our feature list.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,849 Views)