From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Excel problem in Signal Express 2012

Equipment used: PXIE-8102 CELERON T3100 1.9GHZ Controller Windows 7, PXIE-1071 4 Slot Chassis, PXIE-4140 4-Channel SMU 1.7.5 version.

I am using Signal Express 2012 and the SMU to plot the I/V characteristics of FET and other active devices. I am able to obtain the anticipated curve traced results but I am not able to Export the data to Excel directly from the Data View using the Microsoft Excel option. The error message is: Data could not be sent to Microsoft Excel. Please ensure you have a properly licensed version of Microsoft Excel. See attachment.

We have checked our version of Microsoft Office, it is Professional Plus and has the correct volume license so it does not revert to a home or student version.

I have been able to use the Export to Excel function directly from the Dataview when I was using one of the waveform tutorials supplied with Signal Express so I suspect it is a function of the SMU.

In conversations with an NI support engineer he felt it may be a problem with "an active x call is just not seeing the license for some reason", his suggestion is to drag the data into Excel rather than use the Data view tab. Because the SMU is being used in a production environment it is not really appropriate to have the operator work at this level so I would rather figure a way to have the data exported using the Data View tab.

Anyway please can you let me know if there are any known work around for this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,722 Views)

Calvin1957,

Could you post an image of the steps in SignalExpress as well as the error when it occurs? I know you described the error already, but sometimes seeing it helps as well. Thanks!

Robert B
RF Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,706 Views)

Hi Robert

Thank you for your reply, I did attached a copy of the error in my 1st post? Please let me know if you are not able to see  it as I may be doing something wrong.

Anyway I have attached two more images of the two steps and I will also attach the program.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,700 Views)

Calvin1957,

I am not seeing any attachments in the first post or this latest post. The images should be added using the attachments section when creating the post. You should also be able to insert an image using the insert image button in the toolbar. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,691 Views)

Hi Robert

Sorry I was using the Add Attachemnt browse tab.

I will try and use the insert/edit imageExcel Error 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,688 Views)

I will try again this time full size

Excel Error 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,686 Views)

This is one of two sweep steps:

2SK170_Transfer_step1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,685 Views)

This is the second sweep step:

2SK170_Transfer_step2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,684 Views)

Hi Robert

Let me know if you need any more information.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,683 Views)

Calvin1957,

You can always use the Save to ASCII File step to achieve this. Have you tried this?

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,670 Views)