SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "SDK Hardware Key Not Found." ????

Hello Physics Aide,

This thread has been inactive for quite a long time, but I'll still give it a try:

I also work with a Horiba iHR320 spectrometer. I can control it nicely from a VI, but when I create a .exe application from this VI, I also get this
"SDK Hardware Key Not Found." message and the application gets stuck.

If anybody has an idea to solve this problem, I would be happy to hear it. 🙂

LabVIEW 2013 SP1
Windows 7 64bit
Windows Server 2012 64 bit
Windows 8.1 32 bit
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(5,283 Views)

Hello, are you calling into any third party DLLs such as the driver of your device? Try to set these DLLs are set as Always Included when building the executable. Are you running the exe on the same machine as you have been developing?

Happy Halloween!

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(5,264 Views)

Hello Anna, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I call third party DLLs, provided by Horiba. And they are Always Included in the build.

And I run the exe on the same machine.

The error message appears when the VI attached to this post is executed. It's a initialization VI written by Horiba and simplified by myself. But I haven't touched to the invoke and property nodes related to the device (all the nodes named IJYMonoReqd) as I don't know how they work.

I you want, I can also show you the original, unmodified VI.

Regards.

Smiley Happy

LabVIEW 2013 SP1
Windows 7 64bit
Windows 8.1 32 bit
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(5,246 Views)

I think I have found when the message appears : when I run the exe, the VI execution doesn't go further than the OpenCommunications invoke node.

LabVIEW 2013 SP1
Windows 7 64bit
Windows 8.1 32 bit
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(5,242 Views)

I'm currently struggling with a iHR320 as well. Using a Synapse CCD with Labspec5 program.

The VB NGS activeX.ocx  routines always give an error. So these I give up.

Horiba Yovin added some vi's that are supposed to work but after a few months without to much support I decided to try once over here. (I think their automation group is cut away).

These at HY downloaded vi's are alway failing at the opening communication invoke node. (message13 baobob)

Hopefully someone managed by now to get these to work. If so I would love te get a hint.

Thnx

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(4,807 Views)

Hi EmcV, 

Just to confirm, you are using LabVIEW to communicate with the iHR320? What is the interface (GPIB, USB)? Can you query the instrument in Measurement & Automation Explorer? Please attach the VI if you have it available, you might also want to try posting a detailed description of your problem to the Instrument Control forum or the LabVIEW forum. Thanks! 

Regards,

--
Peter Rifken - Field Engineer & Business Manager
Boston / North New England & Maine
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(4,799 Views)

A more complete description of my problem with a Horiba Jobin Yvon Raman spectrometer.

We are using an iHR320 spectrometer with a Synapse CCD. The program to control the spectrometer is called Labspec5.

The spectrometer and camera are connected through USB.

When trying to connect via Labview some VI's are available from HYJ.

Connecting to the Spectrometer goes just fine using an AcitveX routine "JYMono Type Library Version 1.0"

Almost similarly it should be possible to use an activeX routine to connect to the CCD with an ActiveX routine called "JYCCD 1.0 Type Library Version 1.0"

This VI is always failing at the OpenCommunication method.

Maybe some camera information is missing.

Although this problem is obviously not within Labview I hope a Spectrometer user will recognize this problem and can give some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

(I hope people won't find me annoying posting this in the Instrument Control forum as well)

error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(4,778 Views)

Can you provide a link to the thread in the instrument control forum? I'd like to avoid redundancy here. 

Thanks,

--
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(4,766 Views)

That would have been a smart thing to do. Well, in the rebound;

I posted the same issue in the Instrument Control forum called: ActiveX control of a Horiba Jobin Yvon spectromet​er iHR320 with Synapse CCD

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(4,761 Views)

That link was broken, but I found the (very active) thread here

--
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(4,753 Views)