SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -50103 occurred at DAQ Assistant (NI USB 6009 DAQ)

Hello, 

I am receiving an error message in SignalExpress - "Error -50103 occurred at DAQ Assistant".

There is currently a rotary potentiometer going into AI0 and a Force Sensor into AI1. Everything seems to be working okay until we enable logging.

When we enable logging, we get the error "Error -50103 occurred at DAQ Assistant Possible Reason(s): NI Platform Services: The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified. A possible cause is multiple steps referring to the same device. Verify that each step refers to a different device."

Am I enabling something wrong in the settings? The data/live graph looks great before we hit the record button to log the data - the error just comes on when we try and log data.

Best Regards, 
Alex Wishart

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,922 Views)

Hi,

I noticed that you have configured 2 AI tasks. Let’s try to verify that you are not trying to access equal or different channels from the same device. If so, try to configure the acquisition in just one task. 

Regards,

MCOTO.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,880 Views)

I using a usb-6001 and having this error message Error 50103. (i am using more than one Daq assistance to read my ai)

1. - can i read more than one ai on one Daq assistance (ai1,ai2,ai3,ai3) ? if not 

- can any one assist me on how to read on more than on analog input.

2. - How do i connect Pt100 (3wires) on my Usb-6001

- where do i find Pt100 on my daq assistance (it doesn't show) it giving a range of 3750 to 3970 only.

Please assist.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,760 Views)
The error is common and a search would have shown numerous posts. You simply cannot use more than one assistant. Combine all channels into a single one. When you created the assistant, there were instructions on how to add multiple channels. Once created, you simply click the Add button.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,742 Views)

Thanks man.

I created only one assistance and splite the signals.

Can you assist on how to connect and read a Pt100 on my daq.

Please

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,738 Views)

I have two DAQmx that are aquiring data from different modules at different sample rates etc, its not possible to combine them. I am getting this error. How do I avoid the error?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,775 Views)

David-Baratheon,

If you could give some more information or context on you application, I believe it could help narrow down what might be the possible source for your error.  What type of DAQmx task types are you using? Which modules?  What are your sampling rates and what do you mean by "not possible to combine them"?  Are you using the DAQ Assistant as well or using the DAQmz palatte to configure this acquisition.  If you could give this information I thinnk its going to go a long way to helping solve your issue.

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,755 Views)