SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SignalExpress support sample clocked buffered frequency measurement?

Hi,

I'm using cDAQ9178 , NI 9209 and NI9421, and I use SignalExpress to configure and log data.

By using NI9421, I can read the frequency measurement in one counter mode. But then the sample rate is actually the rate of the signal to be measured.

I would like to synch the measurements of analog measurement and the frequency measurement of the digital input. After reading the user manual of cDAQ9178, I know there is a measurement called "sample clocked buffered frequency measurement", it is exactly what I want. But how to configure this in SignalExpress? When configuring frequency steps, there are only 4 options, "one counter", "two counters for high frequency", "two counters for large range", and "dynamic average", there is no options called "sample clocked buffered frequency measurement". Does SignalExpress does not support sample clocked buffered frequency measurement? If so, how can I configure the sample clock to be AI sample clock?

Anybody has any idea? Any response is appreciated. 

Thank you for your time!

Mingyuexin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,823 Views)

Hi Mingyuexin,

It doesn't seem like it is possible to do what you want to do in Signal Express. Analog Inputs are timed off of a hardware defined sample clock while the counter pulls a sample based on the counter registry and compares to the sample clock to calculate frequency. Unfortunately, you cannot set the analog sample clock to be a source for a counter using Signal Express, so you may need to use LabVIEW or another programming language that can access more advanced features of DAQmx.

There exists a LabVIEW example that performs exactly what you want here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13395 however implementing this in Signal Express is impossible.  

Let us know how you get on,

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,784 Views)