From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent differential voltage measurement

Hi,

I'm using NI M series 6251 USB DAQ and SignalExpress.

With these I'm trying to measure voltages from the circuit depicted below - but unsuccessfully thus far!

measurement_circuit_DC.png

The voltmeters in the circuit are two AI channels on the DAQ board and they are connected each via a BNC cable to the corresponding resistors: one to the 100Ohm resistor (for current measurement) and the other one on the first of the voltage divider resistors. The two AIs are configured for differential measurement.

Now if I measure only voltage over the 1MOhm resistor I get a correct value. The same is true for the 100Ohm resistor (I get correct current). But If I try to measure both voltages concurrently I can only measure the voltage over the 100Ohm resistor while the 1MOhm resistor takes the voltage value of the source.

If I measure this with two separate voltmeters without the DAQ board - the measurements work.

So I have something misconfigured in my DAQ settings I just don't know what it is!

Please help.

Kind regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,465 Views)