SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAR 378576 bug needs to be addressed.

A while back I posted a bug where if you move a channel's location up or down in the signal order list it breaks the association to the channels physical location in hardware. More can be read in THIS THREAD 10th message down. A CAR has been created to track the issue but as of Signal Express 2015 the issue still exists.

I just created a complex test setup involving 15 unique channels. Phase 2 of the test required me to remove 4 of 8 analog channels from the list (ai1-4). I then moved ai5-8 to the 1-4 position and the physical hardware/channel name association has broken.

See attached screenshot for clarity but you'll see, at the bottom of the channel list table is ai1-ai4. These were the 4 channels moved up from the ai5-ai8 position. You'll notice the channel names have changed but the signal association is broken. Across the table from ai1-4 are zeros, then 4 rows down are the live signals with no channel name associated to them. Those signals belong to ai1-4 but I have no way of displaying them in a graph because the physical channel is reading zero.
I cannont get these channels back in order for the life of me and i fear I will need to rebuild this project file which as you can see will be a HUGE chore.

What's the status on this CAR?
This issue definitely needs attention.

Thanks.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,093 Views)
Hi there,

The CAR you are asking about has been properly prioritized by R&D based on the severity. If you have any additional information that you'd like added to the CAR, I would be happy to add that in, though.
Mathew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,050 Views)