SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D array DBL as input in Signal express

Hello,
I'm using in this case : LabVIEW 7.1.1 and Signal Express 1.1.1

I can put a 1D array of DBL as an output on a LV user-defined step, but I can't put it as a VI input, why ?

Regards

Julien
Julien
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,548 Views)
Hi Julien,

Using LV 7.1.1 and SE 1.1.1, I was able to use 1D array of DBL in the User-Defined Step as an input.

I have a LV VI with a DBL array control on the Front Panel, and that control is linked to the connector pane of the VI. When in SignalExpress, in the step setup of the User-Defined Step, after selecting the VI, I click "Connect Input..." and select the name of the DBL array control. This creates an input for that step; inputs are not automatically created, you have to specify what you want the inputs to be. To use it, you'll of course need a step with a DBL array output to link to that input.

Things you might want to make sure are:
1. That your DBL array is linked to the VI's connector pane (like your outputs).
2. That your input array is really a DBL and not something else.

Perhaps you could include the VI you are using, and I can try it out.

Thanks,
Phil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,537 Views)
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know some type of input, are not automatically created in  SignalExpress.
Why waveform input type are created automatically, whereas a DBL array need to be manually connected ?

Thanks,
Julien
Julien
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,520 Views)
Hi Julien,

If for example, you have a parameter called Frequency of type DBL on your VI's Front Panel, it may not necessarily be an input (an input is a value which comes from a previous step), it could simply be a parameter (a parameter is a value set by the user) used to configure your VI. In the case of waveforms, we don't assume that this will be a parameter set on the VI, but instead will come from a previous step. Whenever SignalExpress is unsure about whether the Front Panel object is an Input or Parameter, it assumes Parameter by default and allows you to say that it's an input instead. Any type which could be either an Input or a Parameter are not automatically considered Inputs.

I hope this makes sense.
Phil

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,517 Views)