Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate a 10 bits monochrome video signal with 5421 board and VIDEO library

Hello all,

I use a 5421 for some video generation application.

Today, I'd like to generate a 10 bits resolution video signal in monochrome mode (for CCIR as well as RS 170 video format).

So, I tried to modify the example VI which is called : niVgen_Basic_Create_Composite_Signal_from_BMP_Image.vi. The input file is a 10 bits tiff format image and I defined the image that is used for generation as a 16bit image. The trouble is it doesn't seem to work. So my question will simply be : is it possible to generate a 10 bit depth monochrome image with 5421 board and the library i have. If so, what do I do wrong?

Thanks for help,

Regards,

Sebastien DURAND

PS : I attach the vi as i tried to modify it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,209 Views)
Hi Sebastien !

You said you defined a 10 bits tiff image as a 16 bit image. Then don't you think the conversion occuring is a potential problem ? Did you try to convert neatly this picture and run the VI ?

Regards,
Matthieu B.
NI France
Cordialement / Regards, Matthieu B. @ NI France.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,196 Views)

Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for answering,

What do you mean by "convert neatly this picture"?

The fact is I tried to open the image i have generated, and it seems to work well when opened with 16 bits depth resolution ... but I am not sure at all the generation part of the VI is able to handle a 10 bits depth monochrome signal ... (video library???)

I join an exemple of a 10 bits resolution image and the VI that is able to open the image (which is exactly the same as what is done in the previous VI I sent), That means that for me the image is properly interpreted by LabVIEW ...

Regards,

Sébastien DURAND

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,190 Views)

Nobody can help?

Sebastien

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,162 Views)

Hi Sebastien,

Sorry I can't help, but what is this 'Video Library'?  Is this from the VideoMASTER software tools, or something else?  I'm looking to generate composite video using a 5421 but not sure what tools exist to do this....any idea?

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,224 Views)

The VideoMASTER generator software can be downloaded from:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1211/lang/en

Best regards,

Christian Koefoed

PSE VideoMASTER and AudioMASTER

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,206 Views)

Thanks, I downloaded it an will test it out with a loaner PCI-5421 next week.

Do you know if it works with a PCI-5421?  NI's site doesn't offer the video generation version of VideoMASTER with a PCI-5421, only with a PXI-5421.

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,196 Views)

Hello Todd,

Yes the VideoMASTER Generator software will work with the PCI-5421, even though on the website it is listed only under the PXI-5421. You will need to request an evaluation license from activate@microlex.dk which goes directly to the team that will issue you a temporary license (30 days).  Please include the serial number of the PCI-5421 in your email to activate@microlex.dk so they can issue the temporary license.

Finally if you are interested in purchasing the software, simply contact your local NI sales contact and request part number 780933-01 (VideoMASTER Generator SW only) be added to your purchase of your PCI-5421.

Let us know if you need any help as you get started with your evaluation, we will be happy to get you up and going.

Cheers,

Michael Schneider

National Instruments

Message 8 of 8
(7,186 Views)