Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting mulitple marker events to different locations

Hi,

I have a pxi 6561. If I have a script where I am exporting two marker events. How can I configure my device so that the two marker events are exported to different locations. I want to export marker event A to pxi_trig_0 and marker event B to pxi_trig_1.

Thank you,

-Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,210 Views)
Hi Tim,

Have you seen the example called "Dynamic Generation with Marker Event.vi"? Take a look at the vi called "niHSDIO Export Signal.vi" and notice how it is exporting that into a physical line.
The example is located under Hardware Input and Output » Modular Instruments » NI-HSDIO » Dynamic Generation » Scripted.
Hope this helps,
Gerardo O.
RF SW Engineering R&D
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(7,196 Views)
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I had seen how to do this. I missed a connection on the vi.

Do you know if repeats can be nested inside of each other inside of scripts.

Suppose I have

repeat 9

repeat 10

end repeat

end repeat

as my script.

Thank you,

-Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,185 Views)
Hi Tim,

Yes you can do this. Take a look at this:

Nest repeat <N> or repeat until instructions inside a repeat forever instruction:
repeat forever
    <instructions>
    repeat <N>
        <instructions>
    end repeat
    <instructions>
end repeat

I found this on the NI Digital Waveform Generator under Start found in All Programs » National Instruments » NI-HSDIO » Documentation
Then you can browse for all scripting functions under: Programming » Reference » Scripting Instructions
Hope this helps,
Gerardo O.
RF SW Engineering R&D
National Instruments
Message 4 of 6
(7,174 Views)
Hi Tim,

I noticed that the example I posted is not exactly what you were trying to do. I posted a nested repeat <N> inside a repeat forever. I must add then the note at the end of this same document I refer to:

Note  You can nest repeat <N> and repeat until instructions, one level deep, inside a repeat forever instruction. The if/else/end if instruction is allowed inside a repeat forever instruction, but if/else/end if is not allowed inside of repeat <N> and repeat until instructions. Other nesting (for example, repeat <N> inside another repeat <N>) is not allowed.

This means that the exact script you wrote as example is not allowed.
Let us know if you have other questions,
Gerardo O.
RF SW Engineering R&D
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(7,168 Views)
Thank you for your message. That helps a lot.

-Tim
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,160 Views)