From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the format for .lvm files for FGEN?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A48F896EB0F557B5862572050004B567

Is there an update for this wrapper as it does nott seem to work with the NI-HWS from NI-FGEN 2.6 (i think it is 1.4.6.xxx)

regards nick 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,692 Views)

Hey Nick,

I didn't see any updated wrappers for this.  Can you describe what the problem is as well as verify the version of HWS that is installed?  You can find the exact version in Measurement and Automation Explorer.

The wrapper that you are using was designed for HWS 1.4.2.  It is possible that 1.4.6 changed part of it's API, or some of the underlying code does not function in the same way.  Please let me know what part of the wrapper you are having a problem with and I will help. 

Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,674 Views)

How do i convert a .mat file to .lvm file? Is there any labview code available for that?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,779 Views)

A .mat file can contain far more than just data, so a full conversion is not possible.  So far as I know, there is no LabVIEW code to pull the data out and save as .LVM.  However, it should not be terribly difficult to write one, if you are familiar with HDF5 (.mat files are HDF5 under the hood).  If you try this, use one of the more modern LabVIEW HDF5 interfaces.  The one on the NI website is very old.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,771 Views)