Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFM_DB_Transfer or WFM_Load to change wavefrom during generation

I'd like to use a 6711 card with large (100k) waveform and only change parts of it on the fly without having to incure time loss/lags waiting for WFM_DB_HalfReady and to make us of fast generation using DMA and FIFO.

Can the waveform by changed on the fly by writing to the memory locations of the buffer array being used for waveform generation at any time or does DFM_DB_HalfReady have to be used along with a call to WFM_DB_Transfer (or WFM_Load) ? i.e. does NIDAQ move the buffer specified in WFM_Load to some other host computer memory location (that is inaccessible to the user) and then transfer from that other memory location to the board ?

Help on WFM_Load says "You can make repeated calls to WFM_L
oad to change the shape of a waveform in progress". After the first call to WFM_Load, do I have to call it again to change the waveform or can just the buffer memory contents be changed ?

What is the difference between using WFM_Load and WFM_DB_Transfer to change during generation ?

WFM_Load says FIFO cannot be used if the buffer size is greater than the board's FIFO. Why ? Can't the board use DMA and transfer part of the host buffer into its FIFO as needed ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,578 Views)