From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of ni6711

I need generate two signal, the first are an trigger signal, 10 V amplitude, pulse width 10 micro-seconds
and two possible frequency (user discretion) 500 Hz and 3200 Hz.
The second signal is an triangular wave, amplitude between 0/-4V, this signal must be in phase with the first, and its frequency must be the frequency of first signal multiplied for 5
(for example if the trigger signal is 3200 Hz, the second signal must be 16000 Hz, in phase with the first signal).

Is it possible generate these signals with two analog output of Ni6711?

Can I generate contemporary of the two signal above
two TTL signal, one trigger 0,4Hz/70mS pulse width and one square wave 2 KHz means the two counter timer of Ni6711?

Can I use Visual Basic to manage Ni6711
card for this work means an DLL?

Tanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,638 Views)
Hello;

Yes, you can do that, but to generate the triggered TTL pulse train, you will need to use a 660x board together with the 6711.
I'm saying that because the counters of the 6711 board, don't have triggering capabilitie; and the counters of the 660x do.
As you need synchronization, you will need to connect both boards together by using the RTSI cable. Once that is hooked up, you can definitely use Visual Basic and NI-DAQ dll function calls to accomplish that.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,638 Views)