Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of NI6040E

Excuse me for my perseverance and My bad english but I looking for a better solution before buy.
I have now two questions.

First question:

How I have said before, i need generate four signal:

1) One sine- wave signal from 0 to -4 Volt, and frequency less than 100 KHz.
2) One trigger signal, amplitude 10 V, frequency 3200 Hz and pulse- width from 1 to 10 micro Seconds.
3) Two trigger signal, amplitude 5V, frequency 0.4 Hz and pulse- width 20/70 mS in opposite phase.
4) Two square wave signal amplitude 5V, frequency 2 KHz, in opposite phase.

For this application I have thought an Ni6711 and apparently I don't seeing a lot of
problem, but supposing I don't need at the point 3 and 4 that the signal are in differential mode,
but in
single mode (not in opposite phase) then my new situation is that:

1) One sine- wave signal from 0 to -4 Volt, and frequency less than 100 KHz.
2) One trigger signal, amplitude 10 V, frequency 3200 Hz and pulse- width from 1 to 10 micro Seconds.
3) ONE trigger signal, amplitude 5V, frequency 0.4 Hz and pulse- width 20/70 mS.
4) ONE square wave signal amplitude 5V, frequency 2 KHz.

Can I use One NI6040E in stead of Ni6711 as shown below?

One of two analog output to generate the first signal.
Another of two free analog output to generate the second signal.
ONE of two counter/timers output for generate the signal at the third point.
Another of two counter/timers output to generate the signal at the point four.

The vantage of this choice is that with this card I have up to 16 analog Input ready for further use.

It is right?

Second question:

I already have used Ni products, in particular, DIO96 and GPIB, I have used this card with Visual Basic, I control
these cards means GPIB-32.DLL and NIDAQ32.DLL
Can I use a similar metod to accede at NI6040E or Ni6711?
If not, Can I use however Visual Basic with these cards?

Many Tanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,914 Views)
Hello;

Regarding your first question, the answer is Yes. You can use the PCI-6040E to accomplish that task.

Regarding your second question. You definitely can use Visual Basic to program the board. When you install NI-DAQ (the driver for the DAQ boards), you have the option to install the support files for Visual Basic. IF you do so, a Visual Basic example folder will be created at C:\Program Files\National Instrumenst\NI-DAQ\examples\VBasic. You can use those examples as start point for your application.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,914 Views)