From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate the PXI-5650 ?

I've noticed that within MAX, it is possible to add certain "simulated" NI-DAQmx devices, such a digital and analog output cards like the PXI-6713 for example. This feature has been quite useful for me in developing some control software on a machine that does not have all of the output hardware on it, and then deploying it on the machine that does.

My question: is there any way to do something similar with the PXI-5650 RF synthesizer? I don't see this card as an option to be added in the normal NI-DAQmx create simulated device menu. But maybe there is some other way to do it?

Thanks,

Aviv 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,324 Views)

Hi Aviv,

It is not possible to simulate  the PXI-5650 like you can with some of the DAQmx devices found in the Simulated Device list.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,309 Views)

Hello Aviv,

While you cannot simulate a 5650 as a DAQmx device, you can simulate it using the niRFSG Initialize with Options VI found in the Measurement I/O » NI-RFSG » Utility palette. This VI exposes an additional option string which allows you to set certain qualities for the device. In your case, you will want to set driversetup=Model:5650 and simulate=1. This will set your device model to a 5650 and enable simulation. See the NI-RFSG help file for more information on this VI its corresponding options.

I have attached an example, base on the RFSG 565x Analog Modulation shipping example which simulates a 5650, written in LabVIEW 8.2.1. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Message Edited by Speedy Badger on 09-10-2008 09:57 AM
Message Edited by Speedy Badger on 09-10-2008 09:57 AM
Chris Behnke
Sr. RF Engineer
High Frequency Measurements
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,298 Views)