Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd error originating from NI-5411 (Error code: BFFA0002) when trying to load arbitrary waveform

Hello everyone. 

We have some equipment (PCI NI-5411) that is misbehaving in an odd and new way. When trying to load an arbitrary waveform onto the AWG (using a library call to the "niFgen Write Binary 16 Waveform"), it produces an error. The error code is "BFFA0002", but I haven't been able to find any information that can show what this error code provides. Previously, we had some problem when the system wouldn't find the file and produces an error even though the file is there. After changing our code so the file access is attempted several times, the problem was resolved. However, that doesn't work in this case and we do not know here the problem is.

This is a pretty much shooting wild and hoping that something falls down, but if anyone could provide me with information about the error code or another probable error source I would be highly grateful.

Thanks in advance!

With best regards,

Niclas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,698 Views)

Hi Niclas,

That error code suggests that a file cannot be opened. This error is defined in IVI as  IVI_ERROR_CANNOT_OPEN_FILE.I don't think we return this error code from the NI-FGEN driver.

You mentioned that you have an issue with finding a file. Is that file specific to your application? How is it being open or used? What API do you use to open that file?

For NI-FGEN specific error code (and generic IVI error codes), you can query the error message by calling niFgen_error_message function or niFgen Error Message.vi.

Thanks,

- Liusdi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,689 Views)