Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O-QPSK Signal generation on 5663E

Goodddd!! Now the signal in LabVIEW and in the spectrum analyzer is the same! So, the only thing that the spectrum analyzer does is to upconvert the signal?? Is it appears in the manual? I'm going to looking for about that.

Thank you very much for your help!! Mil gracias!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,344 Views)

I found a problem.... with the carrier that you put (50 Mhz) the solution is good but in my work I'm using frequencies around Ghz, so the sample frequency is very high and apperas an error that say "not enough memory" 😞

ohhhhhh 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,336 Views)

Capture.PNG

The signal you create in LV is sent to your hardware and goes through several stages. The signal you are reading on the spectrum analyzer is at the end (the leftmost end of the above block diagram image), after it has be upconverter to the desired carrier frequency. The upconverter is a piece of hardware in your system that converts a signal from being centered around one center frequency to a new center frequency. Signals are shifted down in frequency by down converters, and up in frequency by up converters.

--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,329 Views)

For your new problem, can you post a screenshot of the error? What are you setting the resample frequency to? When you have to resample at a high rate due to the signal being in GHz, you are generating a LOT of data.

--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,327 Views)

Yes, of course. I'm working with frequencies between 2.405-2.48 GHz so the sample frequency is very very high and it's true that I'm generating a lot of data, I know. So maybe this solution isn't good for me. With MHz frequencies is good and works very well but with Ghz no.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,318 Views)

Sorry for not response before, I've been on holidays. Your help had been very very good to can continue in my thesis. I really appreciate it :D. The graph was only to check that the program works, so isn't really importat that only can works in lower frequencies. The importar is the signal that I'm seeing in the spectrum analyzer and it's correct (works in GHz band).

Now I have to transmit a specific frame of bits (according to the ZigBee standard). I know the frame and I know who to program (I did a subVI that translates a number into an array of bits so with it is easy build de frame) but I don't know where I have to conect these arrays in my circuit. Now, I'm working with an arbitrary waveform (I put CW in the generation mode option in the niRFSG Configure Generation Mode.vi) but how could I put my arrays of bits, that is the waveform that I want transmit? Any idea?

Thank you very much for all. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,294 Views)

Hi Kantabra,

The function you are looking for is the niRFSG Write Arb Waveform.vi.  This is a polymorphic VI which will allow you to input several different data types into the onboard waveform memory of your RFSG hardware.  For all options, reference the niRFSG Configure Waveform Pallette (NI-RFSG » Configuration » Waveform).  Picture below:

Capture.PNG

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(3,274 Views)