Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview program connecting waveform generator to Scope

HI THERE:

I'M LOOKING FOR A LABVIEW PROGRAM CONNECTING A WAVEFORM GENERATOR WITH AN OSCILISCOPE. I WILL APPRECIATE IF THERE IS ANY. TIPS ARE HIGHLY WELCOME TOO.
THANK YOU MUCH

SAMI EL-KHATIB
NMSU
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,724 Views)
Hi NMSU,

In order to answer your question I need to know more about your configuration.

What kind of Scope, and what kind of generator do you have? Are these devices National Instruments products, or are you communicating with them through GPIB?

Additioanlly, what version of LabVIEW do you have available?

Best Regards,

Evan R.
APplications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
Message 2 of 8
(8,709 Views)
HI EVAN R:
THE WAVEFORM GENERATOR IS TEKTRONIX AWG 2021 AND THE SCOPE IS ALSO TEKTRONIX TDS5104. AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CONNECTED BY GPIB.
NMSU
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,682 Views)
HI EVAN R:
THE WAVEFORM GENERATOR IS TEKTRONIX AWG2021 AND THE SCOPE IS ALSO TEKTRONIX TDS5104. AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CONNECTED BY GPIB.
NMSU
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,681 Views)
THE AVAILABLE LABVIEW IS 6.1.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,672 Views)
Hi Sami:

The best thing to do here is download the instrument drivers for your two devices. You can search for instrument drivers at from the folling site:

Instrument Driver Network

Below are the links you can follow to get to the specific instrument drivers you are looking for:

AWG 2021
TDS 5104

For the 2021, you will notice that only LabWindow/CVI drivers exist. What you will need to do is download these drivers then import them into LabVIEW. This can be done in LabVIEW by going to Tools->Instrumentation->Import CVI Instrument Driver. After this you can find the VIs in the Instrument Driver subpalette within the Instrument I/O palette on the block diagram.

Regards,

Emilie S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,656 Views)
If am using a TDS 3054B from tetronix..If I saved the graph on the display on a floppy disk?
What will b the easiest way to print it?what software shall i use?
Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,993 Views)
You've hijacked another another thread with a question that is completely off the original topic and you've posted to the wrong board. Please post this as a new question and make sure that when you click the 'Post Question' button, you select the Instrument Control board. This board is for NI signal generators.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-19-2007 10:14 AM

Message 8 of 8
(7,981 Views)