Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-generate signal that was not captured by NI's device?

Dear all,

I have captured a signal by an A/D device and stored in a file. I would like to re-generate it by NI PXI-5422 AWG. I saw from the NI-FGEN Express (Arb), the file fed into NI-FGEN should be (.hws) format. The related information I have  is the sampling rate and the data is stored as 16-bit signed integer.  How could I re-generate the signal? Transform the file to (.hws) file or any other alternative? If I need to transform the file, how could I do it? Thanks for your help in advance!

Best Regards,
ML
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,644 Views)
You will need to convert the file into an HWS.  So you'll first need to read the file (could use the "Read from Measurement" VI).  You will need to convert the signal output to a Waveform (Using the "Convert From Dynamic Datatype" VI).  Then send you waveform(s) to the "NI-HWS Express Save" VI.  You might need to use the "Build Waveform" VI as an alternative to specify the delta t between each point.

Hence, you need to make a waveform from the data and then send that to the "NI-HWS Express Save" VI.

Hope this Helps,
Vincent Carpentier, Ing./Eng.
CLA, CPI
Neosoft Technologies
www.neosoft.ca
DQMH Trusted Advisor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,620 Views)
Hi

Alternatively, you can open the file of data in LabVIEW as integer I16.   Divide it by 32767 and convert it to a DBL data type.  Then wire it to the “Data at VI Terminal” on the FGen Express VI.

Jerry
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,613 Views)

Dear all,

Thanks for all of your help. I got an example (niFgen_Create_From_File_Example_(I16).vi), it could also be used to generate the arbitrary signal.

Best Reards,

ML

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,605 Views)