Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a single pulse with 5411

I am trying to generate an arbitrary waveform to execute just one time per trigger. Single trigger doesn't seem to work (keeps looping until waveform generation is aborted). Burst operation always give me an error. What can I do? I just want to ouput the waveform just one time per strigger. Seems like should be a very simple and basic operation.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,784 Views)
The NI 5411 does not natively support finite generation mode. The best workaround is to configure the device in Arbitrary Sequence mode and download two waveforms. If no trigger is used (trigger source = immediate)the first waveform would represent the pulse you want to generate and the second would be a dc waveform with the minimum number of samples required by the device (256 for the NI 5411). Configure the device in stepped trigger mode.
With this setup, the NI 5411 will now generate your pulse ones and than generate the dc signal until the generation is stopped.
Message 2 of 3
(6,784 Views)

How do you calculate pulse with from samples?  For example, how many samples are there in a 50 ms rectangular pulse?  Thanks

SB 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,924 Views)